Adobe’s creation tool offers a means to make media for Extend purposes offering a simple interface and a collection of starter templates.
What Does it Do?
"Create impactful social graphics, web pages, and short videos in minutes with Adobe Spark" - this tool is aimed at non-professional designers to enable them to create high impact media using libraries of templates, media elements, and an an intuitive tool set. Media created in Spark can be shared easily in social media and web sites.
What is the relevance of this tool for Ontario Extend Educators?
- No software required, create in web browser or a mobile app
- Large collection of templates
- Upload images or search open licensed ones from Unsplash
- Simple editing tools
- Spark content is hosted and can be easily shared
Things to keep in mind when considering use of this tool.
- Free accounts have fewer available templates and media is watermarked, they definitely are trying to sell an upgraded service
- Inviting others to collaborate is a paid feature
Examples in Action
These curated examples are ones created by Ontario Extend participants.
- Spark Education Gallery (Adobe) is a collection of Spark created content by educators.
Activities Using Tool
See how this tool is used for Extend Module activities as well as in submitted responses.
- Information as a Graphic -Spark is recommended in this activity for creating infographics
- Built to Share – This activity calls for remixing an open-licensed photo. One could find open-licensed images from the Unsplash library in Spark and modify the image as this activity calls for,
This tool would be useful in any activity calling for creating / modifying graphics or video.
See other tools in the same modules that use this tool or explore similar ones organized by similar function.
If you have experience using this tool, on a scale of 1 to 5 how highly would you recommend this tool to a colleague?