For those who regularly use the Google Suite, this free form drawing/ diagram making app integrates with smoothly with Docs and Presentation.
What Does it Do?
Add some color to your Google suite documents, presentations, and websites with easy to create charts and diagrams. Like other apps in the suite, you can work collaboratively or alone to build charts, layout diagrams, create flow charts, and then easily add them to other documents or embed them on a website.
Viewers can comment on a shape or text box to give context to your discussion. Send an email notification by adding someone to a comment. All your drawings are automatically saved and stored in Google Drive. Access them wherever you go, from any device.
Works in a web browser and also offline via the optional Chrome Extension.
What is the relevance of this tool for Ontario Extend Educators?
- Works seamlessly in the Google Apps Suite
- Draw/create in layers to manage complex diagrams
- Saves to Google Drive
- Share and invite collaborators
- Had accessibility features for users
Things to keep in mind when considering use of this tool.
- No templates to start with
Examples in Action
These curated examples are ones created by Ontario Extend participants.
- Making Things Fly (Jane Extender) Short description. Vestibulum volutpat, lacus a ultrices sagittis, mi neque euismod dui, eu pulvinar nunc sapien ornare nisl. Phasellus pede arcu, dapibus eu, fermentum et, dapibus sed, urna.
Activities Using Tool
See how this tool is used for Extend Module activities as well as in submitted responses.
- Activity Name. Donec consectetuer ligula vulputate sem tristique cursus. Nam nulla quam, gravida non, commodo a, sodales sit amet, nisi.
See other tools in the same modules that use this tool or explore similar ones organized by similar function.
If you have experience using this tool, on a scale of 1 to 5 how highly would you recommend this tool to a colleague?
- Tutorial on Doing This With That Tool (Technology Today) Short description. Vestibulum volutpat, lacus a ultrices sagittis, mi neque euismod dui, eu pulvinar nunc sapien ornare nisl. Phasellus pede arcu, dapibus eu, fermentum et, dapibus sed, urna.