Create quizzes and polls for use in class activities that students can respond to via their mobile devices. Results are graphed in real time.
Socrative is one poll toll suggested for the Ontario Extend Experimenter module Let’s Experiment activities.
What Does it Do?
Your classroom app for fun, effective engagement and on-the-fly assessments.
What is the relevance of this tool for Ontario Extend Educators?
- Adds interactivity to classroom discussions and sessions
- Check in realtime for student understanding
- Designed for primary use on mobile devices
- Generates summary reports
Things to keep in mind when considering use of this tool.
- Limited features in free version
Examples in Action
These curated examples are ones created by Ontario Extend participants.
Seeking examples of use of this tool!
Activities Using Tool
See how this tool is used for Extend Module activities as well as in submitted responses.
- Surveying Activity. One of the suggested tools for this activity in the Experimenter module to design a survey.
See other tools in the same modules that use this tool or explore similar ones organized by similar function.
If you have experience using this tool, on a scale of 1 to 5 how highly would you recommend this tool to a colleague?
- Socrative for Higher Education (Socrative) Review of features for higher education, including the benefits of an upgraded plan.
- Help and Advice for Socrative (Socrative)
- Socrative Review (Common Sense Education)
- Ready? Get set… Using Socrative in the classroom (Navitas)
- Enhancing In-class Student Engagement Using
Socrative (an Online Student Response System): A
Report (All Ireland Journal of Higher Education)